Attaches to CDJs, mixers, and laptops
Three Different Modes Click here for a larger image
Locks onto Technics SL 1200/10 and similar decks
Default set-up for Serato Scratch Live
Performance button with visual feedback
Works with all major DJ software
Novation Dicer is a palm-sized cue point and looping controller that has been designed to fit exactly where you need it: on your turntables, CDJs, mixer or laptop. Dicer works with almost any DJ software and it is optimized for use with Serato Scratch Live, Traktor Scratch Duo/Pro, and Traktor Pro. Dicer can trigger samples, cue-points, loops and FX. You can use Dicer to browse through playlists, nudge tracks backwards and forwards or it can be freely assigned to whatever functions you want. Dicer always ships in pairs--one for each side.
Each Dicer has 5 dice pads which can be used to set and trigger Serato?s Hot Cues, Auto Loop and Loop Roll functions, with multicolored LEDs behind each pad to show what mode you are in. There are also freely assignable layers of controls which allow you to control whatever you want, including triggering samples, effects or even navigating through track libraries and crates. When using other software, a pair of Dicers allow up to 60 MIDI controls between them!
Dicer was designed by Novation in collaboration with Ean Golden--DJ and curator of DJ Tech Tools. Ean came up with the concept of a controller that fits on the turntable, and his contribution has been crucial in helping Novation design and develop Dicer.
Since Novation was born, back in 1992, the company name has become synonymous with world-class analog modeling synthesizers and unrivaled MIDI controller keyboards and solutions. The product range continues to receive critical acclaim from the music press and win numerous awards for outstanding technology and usability. Fantastic build quality, true musical instrument feel and intuitive controls are just three of the reasons why Novation's digital musical instruments are simply a joy to play.
- Performance buttons with visual feedback: Backlit, multi-color, soft touch "dice" buttons, provide immediate LED feedback from Serato Scratch Live software.
- Locks straight onto Technics SL 1200/10, and similar decks: Using the 45-adapter hole, Dicer places looping control right where you need it - on your decks, millimeters away from your vinyl.
- Attaches to CDJs, mixers and laptops: With Novation?s reusable "DJ putty," (included) your Dicers can slot into even the most cramped of DJ performance set-ups, sticking cleanly and directly onto your CDJs, mixer or laptop.
- Default set-up for Serato Scratch Live: Dicer is pre-programmed to take advantage of the cue point and looping functions in Serato Scratch Live, including "Hot Cues," "Auto Roll" and "Loop Roll."
- Works with all major DJ software: Dicer is fully MIDI assignable, so it can be set up to control almost any software, including Tractor Scratch Pro. Up to 60 assignable MIDI controls are available from a pair of Dicers.
- USB bus-powered: Dicer gets all the power it needs from a single USB cable, with no need for an external power supply. A mini Jack cable transmits power and data to the second Dicer.
- Ready-made setup files for other DJ software: Quick setup files for other major DJ software, including Traktor Scratch Pro, are available to download for free from www.novationmusic.com.
- A Fully class compliant MIDI device: Dicer is a plug and play device, so no need to install any drivers.
- Physical Controls and Indicators:
- 5 large round multi-color back-lit trigger buttons
- 3 large round multi-color back-lit trigger buttons
- Micro USB 1.1 connector; the most robust and compact USB connection.
- Kensington lock space
- Mini-Jack connector for connecting pairs.
- Integration with Serato: Full integration with Serato Scratch Live (including LED feedback) requires Serato version 2.1. Without this, Hot Cues, Auto Loop and Loop Roll functions can all be assigned to Dicer using Serato's MIDI learn function.
- Dimensions of Single unboxed unit (Dicer always comes as a pair): .5"W x 3.5"D x 0.5"H*